Don't have time to read this now, pin it for later!
This blog post includes affiliate links. What does this mean? It means you will pay no more but I will get a commission for the referral.
Hello Friends! Are you ready to make some adorable buffalo plaid cutout ornaments? This post will tell you everything you need to know to make these for your tree.
The things you need for this project are:
You will need one of the following kits:
Or (if you have a laser cutter)
1. First, you will gather your supplies. (If you have a Laser cutter, cut out the design).
Tips for cutting on the Glowforge:
2. Start out by grabbing the top piece with a cutout and paint it. This is the only piece that will need to be painted.
3. Next, take the sandpaper and lightly sand the painted piece, going in the direction of the grain.
4. Then, take the solid back piece, peel the adhesive protective paper off and adhere the fabric in place.
5. Now take the top cutout piece, remove the adhesive protective paper off and layer it on top of the bottom piece. This will allow the fabric to peek through.
6. Now take your two pieces of greenery and string. Overlap the stems of the greenery and begin to wrap the string around the stems (do this with the center of the string.) Once you have it wrapped around the stems about 5 times, tie a knot.
7. String the greenery through the hole at the top of the ornament and finish it off with a knot.
You made it, now show that ornament proudly on your Christmas tree!
Tag me on IG with your creation @kitaleigh.made and/or use the hashtag #makeitwithKitaleigh! I just cannot wait to see what you create!