Don't have time to read this now, pin it for later!
This blog post includes affiliate links. What does this mean? It means you will pay no more but I will get a commission for the referral.
Hello Friends! Are you ready to make some adorable magical cutout ornaments? This post will tell you everything you need to know to make these for your tree.
The things you need for this project are:
Or (if you have a laser cutter)
1. First, you will gather your supplies. (If you have a Laser cutter, cut out the design).
Tips for cutting on the Glowforge:
2. Start out by grabbing the top piece with a cutout and paint it. This is the only piece that will need to be painted.
3. Next, use the cutout pieces to trace onto the back of your leather.
4. Then, take scissors and cut slightly inside of the traced circle.
5. Now take the base circle (with the hole for hanging), remove the adhesive paper and stick the patterned leather in place.
5. Next, removing the adhesive backing from the cutout top pieces and stick them to the bottom wood that you just stuck the leather to. This will allow the leather to peek through.
6. Now take your two pieces of greenery and string. Overlap the stems of the greenery and begin to wrap the string around the stems (do this at the center of the string.) Once you have it wrapped around the stems about 5 times, tie a knot.
7. Lastly, string the greenery through the hole at the top of the ornament and finish it off with a knot.
You made it, now show that ornament proudly on your Christmas tree!
Tag me on IG with your creation @kitaleigh.made and/or use the hashtag #makeitwithKitaleigh! I just cannot wait to see what you create!