Don't have time to read this now, pin it for later!
This blog post includes affiliate links. What does this mean? It means you will pay no more but I will get a commission for the referral.
Hello Friends! Are you ready to make some adorable wooden gnome ornaments? This post will tell you everything you need to know to make these for your tree.
The things you need for this project are:
1. First, you will gather your supplies. (If you have a Laser cutter, cut out the design).
Tips for cutting on the Glowforge:
2. Start out by grabbing the gnome full body silhouette cutout and paint it. I used red, as this will be the suit and the hat color in the end.
3. Continue painting the other pieces. Beard and Hat brim/ball, I painted white. Shoes I painted black. I left the nose (oval) natural and the U shaped piece natural as well.
Tips: If you plan on using faux fur for the beard there is no need to paint the wooden beard.
4. Then, take the U shape, peel the adhesive backing and place it in the center of the red gnome silhouette. You will also place the shoes and the hat ball at this time.
5. If you choose to use faux fur instead of the wooden beard, you will trace the wooden beard on the back of the faux fur. Then, you will cut it out using an Exacto Knife, making sure not to cut deep into the fabric and only lightly cutting the backing of the fabric. If you cut too deep you will cut noticable spots in the fur.
6. Next, you will place either the wooden beard or the faux fur beard inside the U shape.
Note: If using the wood you will peel the backing of the adhesive off and stick into place. If using the fur, use glue to stick it into place.
7. Next, place the hat brim over the 'u' shape and beard.
7. Next, place the nose in place by removing the adhesive backing.
7. Finish it off by adding a string.
You made it, now show that ornament proudly on your Christmas tree!
Tag me on IG with your creation @kitaleigh.made and/or use the hashtag #makeitwithKitaleigh! I just cannot wait to see what you create!